The excitement is nearing the unbearable point! I leave for Ireland in just over a week. This will be my second trip to the Emerald Isle, but my last trip was pretty short. This time I'll be traveling and blogging for nearly two weeks. And, of course, I'll be tweeting, too!
I've gotten some good itinerary suggestions so far...
- @AKNickerson For yr Ireland journey look west for remote villages to catch the flavour of a country changing quickly. Especially Co. Donegal
- @AKNickerson Thanks. Our favourite Donegal areas: 1 Greencastle to Malin Head 2 Church Hill & Glenveagh 3 West from Killybegs & Ardara
- @AKNickerson Connemara for certain. How far north or south are you planning to go?
@Marilyneb also weighed in:
- @AKNickerson maybe bit out of your way, but Sligo for WB Yeats Grave; also Trinity College in Dublin - Book of Kells
- @AKNickerson Top of the mornin...This tops my Ireland must see list http://www.knowth.com/newgrange.htm
And @KateLordBrown offered:
- @AKNickerson Swim with dolphin in Dingle, Avoca blankets, oysters in Galway, cocktails at Clarence in Dublin.
- @AKNickerson Only one. It is THE most important one too. Listen up- pay attention. DRINK LOTS OF GUINNESS!!! That's all folks.
I was also looking for Ireland tweeters, and @RTFelton pointed me in the right direction:
- @AKNickerson #tuesdaytravel #Ireland Irish Fireside has a great list: http://irishfireside.wordpress.com/all-ireland-twitter-list/
I still have some free time in my schedule, though. So, I ask you, dear readers...
If you've been to Ireland, what was the best part of your trip? If you've blogged about your trip, please include links to your posts, too!
And if you haven't been, what tops your list when you go one day?