Thank you for your interest in The Gypsy's Guide! I have wonderful readers who are both discerning and thoughtful, and I am pleased that you are interested in their business. I encourage you to take a look around The Gypsy's Guide. You'll see that my readers are interested in travel, books, and art. Like me, they are particularly devoted to all things Italian. If you have a product that in some way will make their lives better, I am sure they would love to hear about it.
I enjoy writing reviews for The Gypsy's Guide. My reviews are balanced, fair, and thoughtful. I have good taste, but I have traveled extensively, and I understand the realities of the travel industry. I also have expertise traveling with groups as well as teens -- and even groups of teens.
Additionally, I am frequently contacted by travelers -- particularly those headed to Italy -- looking for hotel and apartment recommendations as well as itinerary advice and reading recommendations.
I happily accept advertisers and sponsors. Goodie Bag sponsors are particularly popular. I love holding giveaways. Please contact me for more information.
I do have a few ground rules when it comes to advertising and sponsorships:
- I write all of the content on The Gypsy's Guide. I will not run advertising in disguise, and I will not pass your words off as my own. It would be less work for me, but then my opinions would no longer mean anything.
- I do not accept payment for link placement within text.
- I will not promote a product I have never seen or used. I will not promote a hotel where I have not stayed. And just because you send me your product does not mean I will review it.
- I do accept free products, fam trips, and complimentary hotel rooms or travel on occasion. I am a blogger not a millionaire, after all. However, a free product does not in any way guarantee a good review. For proof of this, read my review of this castle. And I disclose freebies as freebies.
- Publishers do send me books to review from time to time. I review books that are relevant for my readers.
- I will not accept advertising for a product which I find distasteful, dishonest, uncouth, or objectionable in any way. This is why I do not use AdSense or any other advertising services that do not allow me control of my advertising space.
Some stats [as of Oct 1, 2009]: I currently have about 5000 unique visitors monthly. I have just over 2000 Twitter followers. More information is available upon request.
Changes are coming for bloggers via the FTC:
- Soon, Bloggers Must Give Full Disclosure
- What do new FTC blogging rules mean for press trips and fam tours?
- How Big is the FTC's New Footprint?
- An Open Letter to the FTC
- Free Press Travel: Necessary... and Certainly Not an Evil